Saturday, December 5, 2009

Chippy Bed & Marmalade Quilt


Quilt Love


Here is the pics I promised to take of the marmalade, vintage eiderdown that I scored whilst thrifting at one of my fav opportunity shops. I love the jewelled tones of the satin, the marmalade colour and the stitched hearts allover. I will surely treasure this quilt.



Once again, whilst out thrifting I happened apon a lovely hand crocheted single bed topper. I inspected it carefully......not one hole....made by hand and not mass produced by machine....another treasure for sure! and perfect for the cottage.....so here I am with a derelict victorian cottage, a single bed mattress, a jewel toned eiderdown in perfect condition and a pretty cotton, crochet cover made by hand........I STILL NEEDED A BED.......

On this fine Saturday I was in no hurry to go home. It seemed that everyone was out at the malls, during their Xmas shopping...there doesnt seem to be the usual crowd out thrifting today.....
Lucky for me!
Because right there before my very eyes was a gorgeous old, chippy, black, iron bed. My search was over.....This is the perfect bed for my derelict cottage..........It was mine!






















Pretty crochet topper, complete with op-shop tag!








No comments:

Post a Comment