Monday, December 7, 2009

Beachy Lamp Revamp


In my suburban, brick cottage.....u know the one I live in from Monday to Friday....not the derelict cottage...I am in the process of planning a complete change in decore to white, white and white. I have been very taken with this NON colour and all the possibilites it holds. I am restyling to a more modern , beachy white style. This is my start.


On one of my thrifting jaunts some time ago I picked up an ordinary, timber (pine) lamp base without a shade. Unfortunately I didnt have the forsite to take a BEFORE pic but I can tell u this lamp base was ugly and it was stained with a horrible orangey timber stain. I decided to paint it white not really knowing how it would turn out and if I would like it. I added a rattan shade (also thrifted) and white washed it with a diluted paint wash.......Voila! I am very happy with the result and it suits my new beachy white theme to a tea..
Bye for now.....Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment