Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Derelict Cottage Reveal

I was fortunate to spend a couple a couple of days in the derelict cottage....At present I am peeling back the layers and giving her a paint to freshen her up a bit. I have too many major renovations to do with this place and will tackle these at a later stage....I am reluctant to post too many photos in her worn state but will provide little glimpses here and there....

All original lacework on the front verandah...what a pretty old lady:)








The wonderful old patina of the front door and the original old knocker..




Not a straight wall in this place...or a square door jam....love it!



I have a modest little bed to sleep in...you may remember this one from an earlier post...it was a thrifted black iron bed...now totally fresh in white. All the bed linen is thrifted and the bedside is made from two timber wine boxes that I have collected and whitewashed. As you can see this place needs alot of work and is not too far removed from what I like to call "Up Market Camping", but it is the sweetest place for now, for me to rest and dream of what this place can be in time.


And here is the rustic little room out the back, which I will transform in time...




And here is the back door......time to go now and start my drive back to the city suburbs....bye for now and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment