Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend Finds

I thought I would share with you my finds from the weekend, trawling around charity shops and the like looking for treasures.  This week I come up with 2 rolls of vintage wallpaper, one really thick paper from Sandersons ( an English manufacturer) and the other a lovely pretty vintage blue floral (from USA). Im really not sure what i am going to do with them, but you know how it is dont you ? I surely had to have them.

I also found a new an unused (still in the packet) flannelette single fitted sheet and matching pillowcase. Perfect for the single mattress i have at the cottage. I dont even have a bed yet.  So by the time winter comes around I will have a lovely snug and warm set of sheets to climb into and hopefully a bed too! That would be nice ......:)

I also found a beautifull, jewelled, feather filled, vintage eiderdown, also a single bed size. Perfect! but I managed to get it into the washing machine before I had a chance to take a pic so you will have to wait for that one.




Lastly I scored some oh so lovely milk glass little bowls. I always keep my eyes peeled for milk glass but find it is usually too expensive. Anyway its just the ticket for me and as a bonus, milk glass can go in the microwave. This stuff was made in the USA also. 
My treasures will go to the derelict cottage, so in the meantime it gets pride of place at my front door, waiting for me to pack the car and head off to the country!
Bye for now.......Linda xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment