Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hay or Grass?



Welcome to my new blog...its all about spending my weekends in the country, in my little derelict miners cottage.
Well Im looking forward to the weekend again and wondering if I will get a chance to visit my cottage this weekend.
Last weekend I managed to score a council letter (yipee) telling me to mow my lawn. Being the good citizen that I am I pack my car and head off on my journey to my little derelict miners cottage in the Victorian countryside. Needless to say , this is what I saw when I arrived.......no lawn in site.......just this stuff that was at least 8 feet high and looked suspicially like Hay. Actually it smelt like Hay under the blades of the lawn mower, and it certainly looked like Hay when it was lying there in my yard, looking as if it was waiting for a tractor of sorts to come along and roll it up or something! Picture this... a 40 something woman, pushing a suburban mower without a catcher over the tallest grass you have even seen in your life in ...yes...thats right...35c degree heat. I did it folks, I mowed my lawn!







Linda xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment