Sunday, January 24, 2010

Basket Case





















What do you do on the"Australia Day" Holidays? Why you turn into a basket case of course!
For some reason my creative endeavours mostly turn into paint everything that doesnt move.......I purchased most of these baskets for a song in op shops.......the chair I rescued from a skip outside the front of a house that had succumbed to fire.....it was permeated with smoke but that didnt deter me...the owners were throwing it out.....I painted it burgundy back then, now it is a painted a washed and weathered grey. I am very pleased with the results although the sun seems to have washed out the effect in the photos. It is a lovely, sunny and warm day...:) yeah
I couldnt resist giving the lamp a grey treatment as well....HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY..now im going off to have a glass of wine..hoorah!


No comments:

Post a Comment